I mailed my first roll of “quarantine life” film to be developed this week. It made me so happy! I know that sounds silly, but in the midst of all this craziness when I sealed that roll of film, placed it in a white square box, and taped a label on the outside, life felt normal for a solid few minutes. It was great!
Taking photos. Mailing film. Editing. It is what I do, and I definitely miss it.
I felt more anxious this week especially after canceling more sessions and missing the opportunity to serve clients in the way I had originally expected. I caught myself thinking, “how much longer do we have of staying at home?” The feeling thankfully didn’t stay long, and it reminded me once again that I want to have a good attitude with this situation. Granted I have no clue how long this will last, but regardless I want to make the best of this time!
Things that brightened my week:
- Picking up fresh flowers on our bi-weekly grocery run. I used to pick up flowers every week at the store, but over the last year it fell off my list. Adding a little color and brightness to our kitchen table was something I needed!
- Watching Trace play in the sprinkler. With us being home, I decided to break out the Easter surprises early and introduce Trace to his kid sprinkler. He’s indifferent about water spraying him at the moment, but we’ve got plenty of time to teach him how to love it!
- Tinkering with our master bedroom. We painted our bedroom the first weekend of quarantine life, and I LOVE IT! I’ve been moving things around and tinkering with stuff to see how I want to change things up. And thinking about adding one of these to our room to add a little color.
- Binging the Amy & Jordan podcast and educational videos. I am currently listening to their podcast on walks and tackling their photography tutorials during Trace’s nap time and loving it! If you are looking for a new podcast to try, check it out (great topics on everyday life + they just shared their birth story of their first little one – so good!).
- Cleaning our backyard and tending to our herb garden. We planted an herb garden in early March, and we have some sprouts coming through. Herbs are the only plants I can actually keep alive. So excited to use these this summer!
- Finding a few minutes of quiet time to read. I finished When Less Becomes More by Emily Ley and loved it. It is an easy read and great for this time in our lives. Thinking about diving into a business book next.
- Lastly, editing personal film scans from February + March. At the time I took these, I had no intention of sharing these anywhere. They were just parts of our everyday life I wanted to remember. I put these together last night, and it felt good to see our happy moments all in one spot. Scroll below for my favorites and drop me a comment below with how your handling quarantine life! What’s bringing you joy these days?
XOXO – Ashley