Squeezing in one last post right before the holidays! I wasn’t sure if I would find the time to make this happen, but thankfully I was able to!
A little recap from the last post… We made it to the one year mark! This was a busy last few weeks. We celebrated Trace’s first Thanksgiving at our house along with his first birthday party (a cute a little puppy party!). By mid-December, I finally found time to squeeze in his monthly photo (a big thank you to my husband for all the help with getting Trace to lay down for it) and edit our personal photographs. Here are a few of my favorites memories!
- Trace had his 12-month checkup earlier this month. He is weighing 24 lbs. 3 oz. and measuring 30 inches long.
- He has five teeth and looks like a big boy when he smiles!
- He loves pasta – especially spaghetti and meatballs! He loves munching on clementines, peanut butter, hummus, cheese, bananas, sweet potatoes, and carrots. He tends to eat veggies of the same color first before going to the next vegetable. I am convinced he loves foods that are orange.
- We purchased our last can of formula this month. Insert happy dance! Trace is now drinking Almond Milk. He loves the vanilla flavor, and we are incorporating more whole milk in his diet with yogurts and cheeses. When he was born, he had trouble processing dairy. I cut dairy from my diet while breastfeeding. Once I stopped breastfeeding, we put him on a dairy free formula. He still has a few issues processing dairy (red bumps appear on his shoulders or the side of his face when he eats too much dairy), but overall he is doing great. Our predication expects his issues with dairy to be outgrown by age two.
- He celebrated his first Thanksgiving and loved munching on the sweet potato casserole!
- Watching Trace walk! He started walking about a week before Thanksgiving, and he is so cute! He is fast too. He tries to run, especially after our dogs. He only lasts a few steps before he falls, but it is so sweet watching him keep up with the Jack and Bruno.
- We bought his first pair of walking shoes. He is wearing a size 4.
- He gives the best baby hugs, especially when he is tired. He runs to you, throws his arms around you, and lays his head on your shoulder. It is the sweetest thing.
- He loves books. He will go to the shelves in his room and bring a book to you to read. He will sit and listen and loves to flip pages for you. His favorite books right now are lift/flap books or books that make sounds.
- We started putting him to bed earlier, and he is sleeping longer at night. He is going down around 6:00 p.m. and waking up around 6:00 a.m.
- He had this third haircut this month. Cue the tears. Every haircut makes him look less and less like a baby.
- We celebrated his first birthday with a puppy party at our house with family!
- We got a swing set for our backyard, which he loves! We now spend most of our afternoons outside. Anytime you take Trace out of the car, he walks straight to his swing and puts his hands up in the air. He could swing all day every day.
- He is obsessed with throwing balls. He throws tennis balls for the dogs. He got a t-ball set for his birthday and loves throwing the baseballs. He also loves kicking the soccer ball around the yard. He loves to chase after all of them.
- He has a drawer in our kitchen that he loves to open and take pans and strainers out to play with. He loves opening drawers and cabinets and can make a mess in a matter of minutes. Our house is definitely “lived in” these days. It is perfect!
- He was more interested in Christmas cards around our house than playing with ornaments on the tree, which is good thing!