Fall is one of my favorite time of years and watching Trace experience this season for the first time was so special! He picked pumpkins. He celebrated Halloween. We had chilly weather, and I got to dress him in more jackets and hats. It was so much fun watching him experience a new season!
I am getting excited because we are getting closer to celebrating his first birthday next month. Since Trace loves animals, especially our dogs, we are throwing him a puppy party for his first birthday! Anytime our dogs are in the same room, Trace is always finding a way to be around them. He loves when they play tug-o-war and laughs constantly at them. Seeing how much he loves our dogs, we knew a puppy party would be a great idea! I am looking forward to putting something together for our close family and friends!
Now, on to all my favorite fall memories!
- Trace visited his first pumpkin patch at Baton Rouge General where he picked a pink pumpkin to take home! His favorite part was crawling around all the pumpkins.
- He got his second haircut this month and enjoyed it!
- He loves to push and move anything these days – our dining chairs, the computer chair, the wagon, his toys. Any chance where he can practice walking, he does! He is standing for a few seconds and takes about four steps before he plops to the ground. His is getting closer and closer to walking every day!
- He loves playing outside – especially crawling outside!
- He enjoyed his first trip to the zoo to celebrate his cousin’s birthday. He loved seeing all the animals!
- We transitioned to the sippy cup this month. Each time we introduce something new to Trace, we are reminded how much he loves to do things on his time and at his own pace. We tried to place the sippy cup to his mouth a couple of times, but it never worked. After a few minutes of letting him hold the sippy cup and figure it out himself, he had it!
- He is loving more finger foods like chicken, cheese quesadillas, bananas, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, clementines, and scrambled eggs! His favorite treat is Chick-fil-a!
- He says “dada” and rambles “dada” several times throughout the day! It’s the cutest thing!
- He is loving all of his books! Trace will pull a few books off the shelf and flip through them! I introduced two books this month with sounds, he LOVED pushing the buttons and listening to the sounds as we read the pages. He loves to turn pages all by himself!
- Trace has a long upper body and torso! He is wearing mostly 12-18 month sizes in clothing (18-months for shirts and onesies and 12-months for pants). When you put him in a 12-month shirt, his little belly hangs out! With the weather getting chilly, he’s been wearing socks and hates having them on his feet.
- Trace celebrated his first Halloween this month and was dressed as a baby shark! We had a chilly Halloween so we spent a few minutes walking along the street and handing out candy before making it inside. Trace is a people watcher! He loves to observe anything that his new to him and will watch before he moves around. For Halloween, he sat in the wagon and watched all the costumes walk by barely moving at all! He is very observant!
He loved the wagon this month! He loved riding in it and walking all around it while playing outside.