Well, the tenth month is here! I am enjoying this age so much! He is on the move, and it is so cute to watch him get into everything and learn something new. He is obsessed with opening and shutting doors – bedroom doors, cabinets, his toys that have doors. Seeing him learn “movement” is very entertaining and one of my favorite memories from this month.
Fall is finally here, and I am looking forward to doing all the holiday stuff with him soon! I ordered his Halloween costume recently. I was aiming for baby shark, but couldn’t find one in his size. So, I ordered a regular grey shark costume instead. It’s cute! Now, on to my favorite memories from this month!
- Trace is crawling, pulling up, almost standing, and leaping. He is constantly on the move. He loves pulling up on the sofa, coffee table, tub, bathroom cabinets, and our bed. He loves to pull anything off the table – like magazines, remotes, folded clothes, toys. He likes to clear a space and then crawl to the next.
- He loves open and closing doors. He learned this month that if he moves his legs away from a door, he can open it wider.
- He became really squirmy this month. Diaper changes and getting him dressed are really interesting these days. Also, sitting for long periods in his car seat, stroller, or high chair are harder these days. He would rather be moving and crawling than sitting still!
- He is doing much better with finger foods. He is now picking up smaller foods and bringing it to his mouth. Sometimes he actually chews/swallows and other times the food falls out. We are making progress! Next up is to work more on sippy cups and start the process of introducing water.
- He loves flipping pages on books. His favorite book right now is ABC Animals. He will sit in your lap and let you read to him as long as he can turn the pages. He is also enjoying books that make sounds right now. We have a Halloween book and a construction book that make sounds, and he LOVES them!
- We continued swim classes through the fall, and he is getting so comfortable in the water. He loves swimming after the rubber duckies the best. He loves going underwater, pulling himself up on the pool ledge, and kicking his feet.
- He traveled to Florida for one last beach trip of the year. He took is first bike ride and loved crawling all over the sand.
- It officially takes two people to capture his monthly photographs and get him looking at the camera!