I am writing this post as Trace is sitting on our bathroom floor playing with the soft belt of my white robe completely laughing at himself. He is also thinking about how he can move just a little closer to our shower door to pull himself up. I see it in his eyes.
This month we saw the most “movement” from Trace! He started off the month with a baby “scoot” across the floor. After two weeks, that scoot changed to a crawl. We have a crawling little one! He wasn’t finished there. He also added pulling up at the end of last week. We have a baby on the move y’all!
Here are favorite memories from this month!
- Watching him go from scooting to crawling! He loves being free to move and touch everything.
- He figured out how to sit himself up from laying down. Naptimes and bedtimes now begin with at least a few minutes of sitting up/playing and then me walking into his nursery to lay him back down.
- He absolutely loves his swim class. I am actually thinking about continuing it this fall because he enjoys it so much. Last week, he learned how to lay back and dip his hair in the water. He LOVED it!
- Taking him to see the sunflower patch and watching him feel all the flowers.
- He weathered is first hurricane – hello, Hurricane Barry. Thankfully, it was not as bad as originally expected. We had light wind and rain and no electricity loss.
- He loves playing with a wooden kitchen spoon. It keeps him occupied while I cook, work, or fold a load of laundry. That spoon is the favorite “toy” right now.
- He loves crawling towards our dogs’ tails, cell phone charging wires, and tv remotes.
- He is very into feeling everything. Any time you are holding him, his hands are feeling your face or your nose, pulling your hair or Charles’ beard, reaching for glasses. He is so curious about everything. It is so much fun to take him to new places to feel different textures.
- He loves hanging out in our bedroom where he can play and see himself in the mirror, crawl to the bathroom, and lay on the tile floor and shake his head back and forth.
- He loves going on car rides with our dogs and petting Bruno. He is also really chatty in the car these days.
- He had his first trip to the Children’s Museum with his cousins!
- We are working on teaching him how to clap, wave bye-bye, and lift his arms to show his muscles.
- I love the way he crosses his feet. He does it when he is the stroller, in his high chair, in his jump jump toy. He always looks so relaxed.
- Teething. I feel like we’ve waited for his first tooth to appear for so long. His first bottom tooth is here with another bottom tooth showing like it will break through soon.
- Loves: Wooden kitchen spoon, swimming, our dogs
- Hates: Teething
Here are so my favorite photographs this month!