If you follow me on social media, you know we celebrated Trace this month with his baptism! We invited family and friends to join us as we celebrated. It was the highlight of the month for me, and it was so special seeing him enjoy the baptism. He did amazing with mass (he slept through most of it!) and was curious as we made our way to the baptismal fount. As the priest sprinkled water over his forehead, Trace laughed and enjoyed it! We finished the day with having family and friends over as we celebrated!
Breastfeeding Update: Some days I am surprised that we are still going strong, but we are! I am five months into breastfeeding and four months on a dairy free diet. I am still exclusively pumping 5 – 6 times a day with supplementing with formula when needed. I found a couple of restaurants around town that offer dairy free options, which made my weeks easier. I have less pressure to cook every night, and when I need a break from cooking I know exactly where to go. Another a huge help this month was finding a local baker who bakes dairy free lactation bites – one less snack I have to cook to keep my supply up. Lifesaver! As of today, I am still going strong with pumping and hoping to make it to our goal of six months of breastmilk!
Trace started solids this month, which was fun! Watching Trace try different flavors is entertaining. We started with sweet potatoes, and he loved them! Since then, we tried carrots, apples, bananas, peas, and prunes, and he loved them! I grab a couple of jars at the store, and we spend three days on the same food to make sure he has no allergies/issue with it. From there, we move on the next.
Sleeping Update: Just when you think everything is going great with sleep, the four month sleep regression hits. It was a few days of fighting naps, fighting any type of sleep, and crying. And, we made it through! We started sleep training, which after a few of weeks of consistency has worked. We have a solid nap time routine and schedule where Trace is sleeping in his crib during the day and falling asleep on his own. So. Much. Easier. With Trace rolling over now, we started transitioning him from a swaddle to a sleep sack/wearable blanket.
- We invited family and friends to join us as we baptized Trace this month! He loved the water being sprinkled over his forehead and smiled as the priest baptized him. It was so sweet!
- He found his toes, which is the cutest thing!
- He loves talking and squealing, and loves having conversations with you!
- He had a cousin sleepover this month with lots of reading and story time! Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed was the go-to book.
- He loves being outside! In the afternoons, I usually move the pack-n-play outside for some fresh air. We still squeeze in walks weekly as well. Charles and I are planning our first beach trip in a few weeks, and I am excited to see Trace enjoy the beach!
- His wardrobe is changing! I am starting to move out the 3-6 months clothes, and he is starting to wear his 6-9 month outfits.
- Watching him eat sweet potatoes for the first time and LOVE them! Also, watching him eat peas and HATE them.
- Celebrating his first Easter with mass and lunch with the family! He loved his bunny ears too!
Here are my favorites from this month!
Our big celebration this month was Trace’s Baptism! Charles’ aunt made Trace’s outfit (his suit, bonnet, bib, and booties) for the occasion, and they were perfect!
Trace started solids! We started with sweet potatoes and have tried several foods since. Trace has loved almost every food… expect peas.
Trace celebrated his first Easter! I ordered a new film camera back in January and got the chance to play around with it on Easter!
Gear: Pentax 645, Kodak Portra 400 Film
We said goodbye to our beloved swaddle and spent most of the month trying out new sleep sacks. No verdict on a winner that gets us a full night of sleep… yet.
I shot a personal roll of film this month! These are my favorites!
Gear: Canon 1v, Kodak Portra 800 Film
Another memorable month with this little smiley guy!