Today marks our third month with Trace, and I think this month was my favorite so far! His personality started to show, and he is constantly making sounds and coos, which is so stinkin’ cute. I packed away his 0-3 months clothes last week and shed some tears as he is growing wayyyy too fast. He no longer feels like that tiny newborn anymore.
We made progress on our breastfeeding journey, and this month was smoother with feedings. I am currently on a dairy free diet as Trace has a dairy intolerance. When I first realized I had to make a diet to change to continue nursing, I was bummed. It felt like another thing to add to my plate when I was already so tired. However, this month I embraced the changes. I went through the pantry, read every label (you would be surprised how many food items have dairy or were made in a dairy facility), and cleared any items that I could no longer eat. Then, I went grocery shopping. Our pantry is now filled with tons of food that I can snack on at anytime. It makes life so much easier. I started keeping a meal list of what we ate each week so I would have ideas on what to make for dinner whenever I hit a rut. So helpful. And, we found a pizza place that makes dairy free pizzas – YAY! That has been our Friday night meal for the last three weeks.
Trace moved to his crib this month. I had a cough/cold a few weeks ago, and I coughed all night. I was actually waking him up with my coughing. So, for everyone to get some sleep, we moved him to his crib. He did really well with it. We had a few nights where he slept 7 hours – it was AWESOME! For the most part, he is sleeping 5-6 hours and then waking for a feeding at night. Nap times vary with some days in the crib and some days in my my arms.
THREE MONTH MEMORIES
- All of his smiles! Seeing him smile after he finishes a nursing session or a bottle. Seeing him smile when you pick him up from his crib after a nap. Seeing him smile when you sing nursery rhymes to him. Seeing him smile when you talk to him. He started recognizing voices this month.
- Playing in his swing and making sounds as we prepare dinner each night. He loves the bunny mobile attached to the swing and enjoys “talking to the bunnies” while he is there.
- He is getting stronger and found his hands this month. He is constantly moving his hands around and bringing them to his mouth. He enjoys tummy time and is holding his head up so well.
- He still enjoys bath time, and it is one of his favorite parts of our nightly routine. He loves an infant massage after we finish as well before being swaddled for bedtime.
- Sneaking into his nursery to his our dogs sleeping there as well.
- He celebrated my 32nd birthday and Valentine’s Day this month. Receiving my first “mom” card from him was the best!
Here are my favorite photographs of our third month with Trace!
So, these are the same exact photographs, but his facial expressions are my favorite!
Happy three months, Trace!