It is a rainy afternoon. Trace is napping on my chest, and I am trying to put into the words the last month. The only thing that comes to mind is this… It is true what they say… The time really does fly by.
Our month first month with Trace has been great a one! We have a very laid back, relaxed baby. I am extremely grateful for his personality and demeanor. Charles and I prepared ourselves for parenthood, and we were blessed with the calmest, cutest little guy.
We had a month of firsts. Our first hospital stay. Our first feedings. Our first ride home together as a family of three. Our first Christmas. And so many more memories. Here’s a few of my favorites!
ONE MONTH MEMORIES
- Watching Charles become a father and being so thankful for all of his help during those first few days. Waking up after the first night to see Charles and Trace snoozing. Embracing those first nights in the hospital and the first experience of cluster feeding. Charles put to use his master swaddling skills during those nights.
- Enjoying our first car ride home from the hospital and bringing Trace home to meet our puppies. Seeing Jack (our terrier) be interested in Trace and watching Bruno (our lab) be terrified of him. Bruno was initially scared of Trace when he cried, but now he is used to those crying sounds. Watching our baby sleep through all the moments of the dogs barking throughout the day and not waking up – so thankful for this one!
- Having our families and friends be supportive and provide everything we needed during those first few weeks. From food to cleaning to holding Trace while we rested, we were spoiled throughout those days.
- Nursing Trace and being thankful breastfeeding has gone smoothly. I love the way he smiles as he falls asleep after nursing.
- Watching his grandparents love on him and spoil him!
- Taking Trace to his first doctor’s appointment. We mastered a diaper change and a nursing all in one visit. We were exhausted by the time we made it home and had the best nap that afternoon.
- Taking him to run errands and getting out of the house (especially those first few weeks). Trace stayed in the car majority of the time and so did I, but it felt great to get out of the house. By the end of the first month, he ventured to Costco for the first time.
- Celebrating his first Christmas. My favorite part was getting to put him in his little Christmas pjs. He looked so cute!
- Enjoying those nights of 5-6 hours of sleep. They happen every couple of days, and they are AMAZING.
- Watching him grow and his personality develop. Trace loves his hands by his face, being rocked, soft swaddles, sleeping on your chest, and his newborn lounger. He hates bath time and hats.
- Listening to his baby sounds, coos, yawns, toots… He is just so cute!
Here are some photographs of our first month with Trace!